Helping Special Needs and Autistic Students in Catechesis2-Part Masterclass hosted by Father Matthew Schneider
Attend On Demand. ENROLL NOW!
In this FREE, 2-part Masterclass, learn how to help students with special needs and autism in catechesis with Father Matthew Schneider. The “Autistic Priest” and Visiting Assistant Professor of Theology at Belmont Abby College, Father Schneider will provide an inside look at students with an autistic mind and offer insight into how they learn, experience faith formation, and understand the Catholic faith.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
CLASS 1—Seeing Autism from the Inside
- How children with autism act rationally based on how they perceive the world
- How we should see things to best help children with autism
- About autistic sensory differences for conscious awareness
- Ways in which individuals with autism process information from a social and cognitive perspective
CLASS 2—Practical Tips for Special Needs and Autistic Students
- How to make Mass more accessible
- What neurotypical is and how to accommodate neurotypical individuals in religion class
- How students with special needs may experience the Eucharist and prayer
Once you register, you'll get immediate access to the Masterclass videos, reflection questions, and featured resources.
If you watch the two classes, you’ll qualify to receive a Certificate of Participation. More specifics will be emailed to you once you start watching the videos. Please use the same email you registered with throughout this process.