Writing and Grammar Go Better Together!2-Part Masterclass hosted by Dr. Beverly Ann Chin and Ellen Edmonds
Starts March 22. Enroll now!
Join us for a FREE, 2-part Masterclass and discover how modeling is essential for improving middle and high school students’ writing and grammar skills. Literacy experts, Dr. Beverly Ann Chin and Ellen Edmonds, will model it for you! After the Masterclass, you’ll have strategies to help students master grammar, usage, and mechanics skills and apply them to the writing process.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Class 1: Writing Assignments and Prewriting
Monday, March 22 at 6–7 p.m. EDT
- Discuss choosing an authentic writing task, audience, and purpose
- Explore the relationship between writing tasks and prewriting strategies
- Model prewriting strategies
Class 2: Revising, Editing, and Publishing
Tuesday, March 23 at 6–7 p.m. EDT
- Revise for ideas and organization
- Edit for grammar, usage, and mechanics
- Model revision and editing strategies
There are two ways you can attend the Masterclass:
- Attend the classes LIVE via Zoom (where you can ask questions during the class and connect with other educators)
- Access the Masterclass videos, reflection questions, and featured resources the day after each LIVE broadcast
Watch both classes and receive a Certificate of Participation. Details will follow.
Finally, join the Teaching Grammar for Writing Facebook Group where you can connect with your classmates and get additional support throughout the Masterclass and beyond.