Writing and Grammar Go Better Together!2-Part Masterclass hosted by Dr. Beverly Ann Chin and Ellen Edmonds
Attend On Demand. ENROLL NOW!
Join us for a FREE, 2-part Masterclass and discover how modeling is essential for improving middle and high school students’ writing and grammar skills. Literacy experts, Dr. Beverly Ann Chin and Ellen Edmonds, will model it for you! After the Masterclass, you’ll have strategies to help students master grammar, usage, and mechanics skills and apply them to the writing process.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
Class 1: Writing Assignments and Prewriting
Monday, March 22 at 6–7 p.m. EDT
- Discuss choosing an authentic writing task, audience, and purpose
- Explore the relationship between writing tasks and prewriting strategies
- Model prewriting strategies
Class 2: Revising, Editing, and Publishing
Tuesday, March 23 at 6–7 p.m. EDT
- Revise for ideas and organization
- Edit for grammar, usage, and mechanics
- Model revision and editing strategies
Once you register, you'll receive your first of two class emails. Each email will give you "ON DEMAND," anytime access to the Masterclass video, reflection questions, and featured resources for that class.
If you watch the two classes, you’ll qualify to receive a Certificate of Participation. Details will follow.