Thou Shalt Create Thine Own Vocabulary Insult ActivityGrades 6–12
Have students create Shakespeare-like insults* using vocabulary words! With the Thou Shalt Create Thine Own Vocabulary Insult Activity students will:
- Use vocabulary books to compile a list of "insulting" vocabulary words
- String together silly phrases like, "Thou motley, squalid turnip!"
- Become comfortable with Shakespeare’s language
- Understand how Shakespeare formed many of his insults with the “adjective, adjective, noun” formation or with a more metaphorical turn of phrase
- See how they too can coin phrases to make erudite, though vitriolic, points
Fill out the form to download the Thou Shalt Create Thine Own Vocabulary Insult Activity now.
*These insults are purely in fun and should not refer to any specific person or be used to bully another person or group.