Building Fluency to Impact Comprehension2-hour Masterclass hosted by Wiley Blevins
Attend On Demand. ENROLL NOW!
Explore how to develop students’ fluency—speed, accuracy, and expression—with Wiley Blevins in this FREE 2-hour Masterclass. Wiley explains why fluency is so important and how it enables students to concentrate on comprehending the text they read.
We know reading is a complex process. Students must control a range of skills to decode, understand, and recognize words; discern their grammatical structure; and connect those words to meanings. Fluency is critical because it helps free up some cognitive energy to focus on comprehension.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Developing students’ fluency—speed, accuracy, and expression
- Teaching for fluency at the letter, word, sentence, and passage level
- Engaging students in repeated reading to develop fluency
- Bridging fluency to increase comprehension
- Building comprehension with targeted questions
Once you register, you'll get immediate access to the Masterclass video, reflection questions, and featured resources.
If you watch the whole recorded class, you’ll qualify to receive a Certificate of Participation. More specifics will be emailed to you after you watch the video. Please use the same email you registered with throughout this process.